Monday, January 25, 2016

Frozen Planet: Winter






Entrée: Fish Tacos
Dessert: Gummy Worms
Timing: Friends of The Kaw is hosting its first ever Eagle Days 1/30 in Kaw Point Park (KCK).

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/outdoors/article8561117.html#storylink=cpy
Eagles roost at the confluence of the Kansas and Missouri rivers December-March. The churning waters provide oxygen, and openings in the ice bring Asian carp to the surface.

Documentary:
This is a high quality wildlife BBC documentary which focuses specifically on the poles.  There is one episode for each season so being that it's January we watched the winter episode.  It was very interesting & informative but very graphic so not by any means would this be kid friendly.  In fact there were a couple of scenes I had to wait for my designated violent movie scene watcher (my husband) to tell me when it was over while I cover my eyes & look away from the TV.

Mel's Rating: 83%
On a scale of 100.

Brett's Rating: ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
On a scale of 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment